"We envision the day when public policy values children's health as essential to learning."
The National Alliance for Medicaid in Education, Inc. (NAME) is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization comprised of members from the nation's school districts and state Medicaid and Education agencies who are involved in administration of Medicaid claiming for school-based services. Other members are those with an interest in the Medicaid-in-education field such as businesses, consulting firms, non-profit organizations and federal agencies.
Through Medicaid claiming for covered health-related services and Medicaid-related administrative activities, public schools recover some of their costs for serving Medicaid-eligible school-age children.
Three main purposes drive NAME's services to its members:
- Provide leadership;
- Promote integrity, collaboration and success; and
- Facilitate a network to share information.
NAME has two categories of members:
- Voting Members are individuals employed or contracted by a State Medicaid Agency, State Education Agency or Local Education Agency who have responsibility for administering the Medicaid Administrative Claiming or Direct Billing of school-based health related Special Education or Free Care services provided by public schools.
- Associate Members are non-voting and include individuals from an agency/organization or company that provides services/supports for school-based health, Special Education or Medicaid in Education, or function as a Medicaid billing agent.
Our Organizational Structure
NAME's business is conducted by a volunteer Leadership Team that includes Officers, a Board of Directors and Chairpersons of Standing Committees. The Board of Directors meets monthly via conference call and meets in-person at least once annually. NAME’s Board of Directors consists of:
- Nine representatives elected from three geographical regions (three Medicaid, three SEA and three LEA representatives from each region) and three at-large representatives (each representing a Medicaid agency, a State Education Agency and a Local Education Agency).
- Five officers: an elected President, President-Elect and Immediate Past President plus a Secretary and Treasurer appointed by the Board of Directors.
Our Annual Meeting
The NAME hosts an annual membership meeting in conjunction with its annual conference, generally in the Fall. All members are invited to attend. The agenda for this meeting includes a review of the proposed annual budget, election results, and annual reports from committees.