NAME is seeking proposals from individuals, teams or panels to present nugget and/or breakout sessions at the 2019 conference.
- Nugget sessions are 45 minutes in length and are repeated three consecutive times over a 2-hour period. Nugget sessions provide a focused overview of a specific topic. Conference participants are able to attend multiple nugget sessions.
- Breakout sessions are 1.5 hours in length, allow for in-depth presentation of a specific topic and leave time for audience participation. Multiple breakout sessions are presented concurrently. Time permitting, sessions may be repeated to give attendees the opportunity to learn from a variety of presentations.
NAME is seeking proposals that include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Medicaid reimbursement;
- Quality assurance in Medicaid billing;
- Organizing data to ensure smooth reporting;
- Innovative ways to provide and pay for health and related services in schools;
- LEA outreach process to keep children enrolled in Medicaid;
- Collaboration with Special Education;
- Preparing for and dealing with federal and/or state Medicaid audits of school-based services programs; and
- Other topics that would be of interest to conference attendees.
The typical NAME audience includes professionals who work in fields related to Medicaid reimbursement to schools; special educators, health care clinicians/providers, Medicaid policy specialists, education administrators, state and local government policymakers, Medicaid coordinators in school districts, Medicaid billing and consulting vendors and others.
Past Conference Attendance:
- Increase understanding and knowledge of federal Medicaid regulations, requirements and processes specifically related to school-based services programs.
- Share current information, news, research, successful systems and best practices with members and other interested individuals and organizations on the wide array of issues related to Medicaid covered services delivered in the school setting.
- Provide a forum for professional development to enhance the capacity of school personnel, clinicians, administrators and others to comply with federal and state Medicaid and special education requirements.
- Build relationships with colleagues from federal agencies, other national organizations and groups who are also interested in supporting school-based health services programs.
- Facilitate networking between Medicaid and special education professionals.
- Promote membership in NAME and provide opportunities for members to become engaged and actively involved in the organization both onsite and after the conference adjourns.
How to Submit a Presentation Proposal
- Complete the attached 3-page Application to Present.
- Save a copy of the application for your records as it contains information regarding selection criteria, presenter deadlines, presentation requirements and a proposal checklist.
Selected presenters must register and pay to attend the conference and will be responsible for their own travel expenses. The lead presenter of selected presentations will receive a $50 discount to the conference registration fee, unless he/she defers the discount to another presentation team member. Preference will be given to teams with a member who is a current NAME voting member, however all are encouraged to apply. Individual presenters must be employed by a local education agency, state Medicaid agency or state education agency to be considered for approval. Presentation teams must include at least one local education agency, state Medicaid agency or state education agency employee.